The SMTP tweak will prevent users from bypassing the mail server to send mail (this is a common practice used by spammers). It will only allow the MTA (mail transport agent), mailman, and root to connect to remote SMTP servers.
- To access the SMTP Tweak feature, click on Security, on the main screen of your WebHost Manager interface.
- Then click on Security Center.
- Then click on SMTP Tweak.
- Click on Configure in the SMTP Tweak section.
- Click on the check box next to Allow Connections To localhost on Port 25 to allow users to connect to localhost on port 25.
- Click on Enable to enable the SMTP tweak