Autoresponders are e-mail messages that are sent automatically when an e-mail arrives for a specific e-mail account. Autoresponders are most commonly used for an "Out of Office" style message to inform your correspondents that you are not available, without you having to reply manually. You can have more than one autoresponder on one account. You can use plain text or include HTML code in the autoresponder, and choose from a wide variety of character sets.
- Click on the Autoresponders link in the Mail area.
- Click on the Add Autoresponder link.
- Enter the address of the account that the autoresponder responds to in the Email field.
- Enter your name or address in the From field. You do not have to put anything in this field.
- Enter the subject line of the autoresponder in the Subject field.
- Click on the required character set for this autoresponder from the Character Set drop-down list, if required.
- Click on the HTML Message tick box if you want to include HTML code in the autoresponder.
- Enter the autoresponder message in the Body field. You can not use HTML code in this field - plain text only.
- Click on the Create button.