PHP's open_basedir protection prevents users from opening files outside of their home directory with PHP scripts. You can use this function to select which accounts cannot open files outside of their home directory when using PHP scripts. This is an important security feature, as it will prevent users from being able to access system or other users files with PHP scripts. It will most importantly stop malicious scripts from being able to access a lot of important information.
- To access the PHP open_basedir Tweak feature, click on Security, on the main screen of your WebHost Manager interface.
- Then click on Security Center.
- Then click on PHP open_basedir Tweak.
- Click on Configure in the PHP's open_basedir section.
- Click on the check box next to Enable PHP open_basedir Protection to enable Enable PHP open_basedir Protection.
- Click on a check box next to a domain name to allow them to open files outside of their home directory with PHP, if necessary.
- Click on Save.